[3830] CQWW CW K7NJ SOSB(A)/40 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Nov 27 03:08:30 EST 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K7NJ
Operator(s): K7NJ
Station: K7NJ

Class: SOSB(A)/40 HP
QTH: Cedar City, UT

   40:  861    38      124

Conditions to Europe were extremely poor the first night.  Seems like there was
a solar disturbance.  The second night was much better.  Unfortunately I had a
lot of problems with my computer misbehaving - suddenly deleting calls from the
N1MM entry window before having a chance to log a QSO (just one of several
problems). This doesn't happen all the time, and hopefully using a different
computer dedicated to contests will fix the problem in the future. Guess I have
to revise my old 160M concepts when on 40M because I didn't realize that long
haul (Europe) DX was quite good on 40M several hours before sunset.  I
"discovered" this just before the end of the contest when I decided to get back
on the air to perhaps work some VE's, and was amazed to hear excellent signals
from Europe. Next year, this big mistake won't be repeated (hi).