[3830] CQWW CW N1LN SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Nov 27 20:40:33 EST 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NC

  160:   15     9       13
   80:   41     9       26
   40:  170    17       51
   20:  258    10       38
   15:  238    27       63
   10:  150    21       60

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Didn't have much time to operate, but wanted to get a few hours in.  Then
Saturday morning my time was reduced more when my Acom 2000 detected an ARC
FAULT. The manual said to check for problems in the antenna system.  Well, my
other amp, an Ameritron 1500 worked fine.  So, I posted a note to the Acom
reflector.  The suggestions were unanimous.  Trust your amp.  I started to
eliminate coax, connectors, and anything that could be done from the ground. As
the rest of the day was occupied with family activities the tower climb had to
wait for Sunday.  After a couple climbs to eliminate the Stack Match, the
problem turned out to be a bad piece of hardline that ran from the Six Pack to
the Stack Match. That was quickly replaced with LMR400 and the Acom was happy.
The amp is also quite an outstanding piece of test equipment.

The bands were in great shape and for the short time I was on so were the
rates.  Wish I had more time.

See you this weekend in the ARRL 160 CW.  Looking forward to a multi-single
with the regular gang.

73,
Bruce N1LN