[3830] CQWW CW ON5KQ SOSB(A)/40 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Nov 28 12:01:24 EST 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ON5KQ
Operator(s): ON5KQ
Station: ON5KQ

Class: SOSB(A)/40 HP
QTH: jo10os

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:  495    35      129
   20:    0     0        0
   15:    0     0        0
   10:    0     0        0

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Only multi-chasing during daylight on 40m, no operation between 22:30h and 8h
local time. Diffucult condx first morning due to solar eruption event -
stations from more south had big advantage, I think.
I had so much fun, because at end of November the 40m band is open all day for
DX contacts. Could work all I heard easily with exception of some asian
stations, because from western Belgium you never can compete in the early
afternoon with wall of eastern Europe stations, who have much better condx. But
finally I could work Vietnam as well...

Highlights:
KL7RA working over the long pass first day, many KH6 called me, many friends
from W6/W7/VE7 via the long pass both days, although much better on second day,
worked T8 for new country at mid-day !
W7RN must be surprised, when working me even just after his sunrise (afternoon
here in Europe, full day-light pass !!), he asked several time and first
thought my call was JA5ON, but indeed ON5KQ is Europe at that time...;-))

Missed:
Never heard ZD8W for needed double multi; 7P8D refused to work any single EU's
for double multi, but worked only Japan for hours; 4L3O also worked only Asia,
when I heard him...

Station:
FT-1000MP plus 1.5kW output
QS1R connected to RBN network using same (!) TRX ant...
Ant: 8ele optimized 8-circle array with 8x 100radials in the garden - see
garden foto at my qrz.com website

Thank you for all who called me - and thanks to the organizer for this nice
contest - see you back again next year!