[3830] CQWW CW KH6/N6DA SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Nov 29 20:44:21 EST 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KH6/N6DA
Operator(s): N6DA
Station: KH6/N6DA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: LIHUE, KAUAI, HAWAII

  160:   0      0        0
   80:   0      0        0
   40:   0      0        0
   20:   8      6        7
   15:  30      9       10
   10:  33     13       15
------------------------------
Total:  71     28       32  Total Score = 10,260

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I operated from second floor of Marriott Kauai Lagoon time share in Lihue.
Antenna was a dipole sticking out about four feet from balcony of the room.
Drew a few stares as sales reps looked up at antenna while giving tours to
prospective buyers..."What the???"  Okay, I was located right outside the lobby
as they walked out!  "Tiz better to ask forgiveness than approval."

Went to hot tub after contest ended at 2:00 pm local and a few guys in the tub
were chatting about the room with all the wires hanging out the balcony.  I
confessed.  No problem.  In fact one of the guys was in the room right below me
and he said I could have thrown down the 40 meter extensions the night before,
no problem for him.  Rats.

Room faced southwest, so I was totally blocked to the US and partially blocked
to all directions except VK/ZL.  I figured the only way I did work a few
stations to the east was by bouncing off the rock wall across Nawiliwili
Harbor.

Good fun!
Don KH6/N6DA
Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii