[3830] CQ WW RTTY K1FWE SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 1 10:06:08 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K1FWE
Operator(s): K1FWE
Station: K1FWE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NH

   80:  100   176       29      21     8
   40:  570  1213       49      60    23
   20:  938  2320       51      76    30
   15:  976  2596       44      82    30
   10:  789  2258       26      67    23
Total: 3373  8563      199     306   114  Total Score = 5,300,497

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

First and foremost - thanks to all for the QSO's.

High point in the contest: E21 calls during 10m run on Sunday for a double
mult.

Low point: Saturday morning 3:00 am local time. I almost quit. Dog tired from a
long work week of travel to CA and CO and thinking of so many other things I
could do with my weekend. I got 2 hrs sleep followed by a strong cup of tea at
5:am. Later, the rhythm of SO2R RTTY on 20 and 15 started working and got the
energy flowing again. My SO2R station set up, while ergonomically incorrect,
forces me to keep moving. That's probably a good thing. I managed to put in 41
hours which for me is about my limit.

The one rig issue I had this weekend: I have nothing more on 80 than a
cobra-style dipole at 90 ft fed by ladder line. I usually use the
oldy-but-goody Johnson KW Matchbox. For this contest I used a Palstar AT4K for
the first time and toasted it within one hour of 1 KW RTTY. Back to the
Matchbox. I think its older than me but I'm never letting it go.