[3830] CQ WW RTTY K3FIV SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 1 16:18:10 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K3FIV
Operator(s): K3FIV
Station: K3FIV

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA

   80:    3    3
   40:   24   37
   20:   14   35
   15:   85  184
   10:  158  345
Total:  284  604      73      74    54  Total Score = 121,404

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Wow.  I had forgotten what it could be like near the peak of a solar cycle.
With my usual 100W and a wire, and not very many hours to play, I just ignored
the points and multipliers and tried to work more countries/states/zones for
RTTY mode and also for 10M.

10M was pretty amazing.  Worked a VK.  Next contact an EA.  Followed by a PY.
All in a span of a minute or two.  Band was open all the way from Europe to
Australia.  CQing, got answers from lots of DX too.   All with just 100W and a
wire dipole, so you know the band was doing great.

Lots of great ops, lots of room with many bands simultaneously usable.

Can't wait for the California QSO Party next weekend -  look for K3FIV/6 for
(rare) MENDocino county!  CW and SSB.

73,
/Jack de K3FIV

Rig: Flex-3000, N1MM/MMTTY
Ant: 80M Carolina Windom, up at 10M
QTH: 1 km from Pacific Ocean, 125m altitude