[3830] TxQP NT2A SO CW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Oct 2 12:17:35 EDT 2012

                    Texas QSO Party

Call: NT2A
Operator(s): NT2A
Station: NT2A

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0       0
   80:    5     0       0
   40:   48     0       0
   20:  235     0       0
   15:  113     0       0
   10:   10     0       0
    6:    0     0       0
    2:    0     0       0
  UHF:    0     0       0
----------------------------
Total:  411     0       0  Mults = 193  Total Score = 256,969

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

NT2A CW Only Single Operator.  The score includes 19000 bonus points.
  It was extra class organized TEXAS QSO PARTY. There were lots of mobile
stations, perfect conditions on the first day and not bad on second. 28 MHz has
been opened completely on the second day (just after WC5D finished 10M CQ with
four multipliers there, which was not heard by me HI-HI). I was just looking
how the Europeans were working with Texas through the head on 10M. In the last
2-3 hours of the QP some stations from Texas came with the signal plus 40-60 DB
over 9. There was a lot of Europeans, South Americans on ten meters. When I did
direct call to TX, few stations from Italy called me despite the fact that my
Yagi was in side back direction to EU. Probably WW RTTY contest overheated air
and improved conditions on 10M. TX activity on 10M was weak.
        Finally worked at 80M -5 QSO, 40M â€" 48 , 20M -235, 15M -113, 10M -10
QSO. 40M band was open only for 3 hours during the first day, and nothing next
day. Some TX/m stations kept working on 40M with changing locations. This is
especially noticeable on the second day. At the same time on 80M I heard no
more than 2-3 fixed stations. 20M mobile stations were going well, but on the
second day after noon and in the first hour TX went with signals the 2-4 S and
European stations easily kept interrupting my calls. 15M was opened almost the
entire test, but not all of the TX /M used this band. I didn’t check digital
modes, just forgot about it. CW kept me busy all time.
       Mobile stations worked:  W0BH -55 QSO, N5NA-48, N5TM-37, WD5IYT-29,
W5MJ-27, N5DO-24, W3DYA-19, K5CM-16, WC5D-12, K5JX-14, N4CD-4, and N5BE-3.
Thanks for the nice QP.