[3830] CQ WW RTTY CR2X(ZS4TX) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Oct 4 08:19:16 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: CR2X
Operator(s): ZS4TX
Station: ZS4TX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Azores

   80:  195    457       36      37     9
   40:  625   1508       51      59    16
   20: 1057   2701       55      82    32
   15: 1047   2518       54      72    29
   10: 1222   2952       52      76    29
Total: 4146  10136      248     326   115  Total Score = 6,983,704

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

A great opportunity to operate a station in one of the best DX/Contest locations
of the world!  The result made the 65 hour round trip travel worth it!

The first 3000 QSOs came easy at just more than halfway in the contest but the
last 20 hours felt as if I was doing something wrong with less callers and a
subsequent lower QSO rate. A quick search of the band showed that most stations
were in the log already.  I asked P40G during the latter part of contest and he
said it was slow on his end too. Maybe I missed a good opening but I felt that
I did not really get a good 2nd tier caller wave at all.

The Yaesu FT5000DX radios at CR2X are a pleasure to work with.  A lot of work
has gone into the station and antenna setup at CR2X.  Many hams do not
appreciate the effort that it requires to maintain a station like CR2X to a
competing standard.  Well done to the Arcala team and thanks for the
opportunity to use the station during it's first CQWW RTTY entry!

The N1MM and MMVARI combination worked perfectly for me during this software
driven contest.

Thanks for all the QSO's !

Bernie, ZS4TX