[3830] CaQP K1TN SOFixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 7 17:31:33 EDT 2012

                    California QSO Party

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: Wisconsin
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:   50      6
   20:   85      4
--------------------
Total:  247     10  Mults = 51  Total Score = 38,811

Thanks to K6AQL for mobiling, the only mobile I worked that I know of. Not
strong but good ears, OM. Conditions for me were way down from last year, on
all bands. My only 10 Meter QSOs were in the first hour, on Saturday. On all
bands the first tier stations were there with decent signals but there was a
big lack of second tier signals. Maybe just a bad weekend for the Black Hole.

I wish this contest recognized CW-only entrants in some way. It might encourage
CW activity and we sure need it. Maybe it's time to give even more extra points
for CW contacts to encourage the SSB people to work some CW.

I noticed more stations ending QSOs with just a dit dit, or dead air, instead
of signing their call. Kind of like using "impact" as a verb; just because
people do it doesn't make it right.

Missed: DELN, KING, SJOA, SHAS, SISK, TUOL.

My 2011 results: