[3830] CaQP ND0C SOFixed QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 7 18:24:31 EDT 2012

                    California QSO Party

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: SOFixed QRP
QTH: MN

  160:    0      0
   80:   33      6
   40:   48     19
   20:   84     88
   15:   87    159
   10:    0      0
--------------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

I had hoped to break my record from last year (Non-CA QRP), but fell a little
short.  10 meters was a complete washout here - I faintly herd N6O for a couple
seconds on Saturday, then he faded out.  On the other hand the low bands were
pretty decent and 20 and 15 both had good propagation. But the last several
hours it was a struggle to find any new stations to work.

As usual with QRP, this was primarily S&P, but I did have a few short runs on
15.  I ended up with fewer total QSOs compared to last year, but the CW to SSB
ratio was better.  I missed the sweep: never did hear a Del Norte station.  All
the other counties seemed to be well represented.

Thanks again to the CA stations for the patience and persistence in pulling me
out of the noise on 40 and 80.

The ND0C superstation:
   Rig: Yaesu FT-897D running 5 watts
   Antennas: Wilson SY3 three element triband Yagi at 48' and inverted vee with
apex at 45' (fed with ladderline)

73,
Randy, ND0C

As always: "You don't have to be crazy to run QRP in a contest ... but it
helps!"