[3830] CaQP N5DO SOFixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 7 21:28:08 EDT 2012

                    California QSO Party

Call: N5DO
Operator(s): N5DO
Station: N5DO

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:   47     28
   40:   72     78
   10:    1      0
--------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Never heard Del Norte.  It is interesting how each State QSO Party seems to take
on its own personality.  It has been five years since I was last in the CQP and
I was immediately struck by the absence of mobiles.  Many other QSO Parties
(i.e. FL, KS, TX to name a few) have hordes of mobiles that roam from county to
county.  A participant waits for a mobile to get to a new county and then
pounces on them.  The ensuing pileup is fun for all.  I suspect part of the
reason that California has few mobiles is that it is one state that is able to
get a significant number of home stations on in each county, plus the tradition
of county expeditions to those counties that would be otherwise
underrepresented.

Conditions on 15 and 10 led to reduced activity at my QTH on Sunday.  Long skip
meant I could hear places further east working CA all day but could rarely hear
the CA station they were working.

The weather was cold here, so sitting in a warm shack was a fun way to stay
warm.