[3830] CaQP W0BH SOFixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 7 22:12:34 EDT 2012

                    California QSO Party

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: KS

  160:    2      0
   80:   28     17
   40:   27     58
--------------------

Last year I took time out to operate the CQP full time. This year I was back as
control-op for the Hesston College ARC team as I have been for the past number
of years, so this was only a part-time effort. Conditions were excellent from
Kansas to California most of the weekend with 10m being the lone exception. I
heard stations working CA, but no luck on that band even though we tried
several times.

My Sweep countdown was 5)Tulare 4)Lake 3)Alameda 2)Madera at 0054 and 1)Yolo at
0559. Thanks to K6Y who called me for the Sweep. Last year I could hardly find
Sutter county. This year I worked six different stations in Sutter.

It was great fun helping out the aviation and air traffic control students at
Hesston College (K0HC) learn the contesting ropes and perhaps generate some new
contesters. Thanks to the NCCC and all the California stations for their efforts
in putting on another great event.

73, Bob, w0bh