[3830] CaQP N6EEB M/MCntyExp HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 8 17:19:10 EDT 2012

                    California QSO Party

Call: N6EEB
Operator(s): AE6YN, N6DA, WT6K
Station: N6EEB

Class: M/MCntyExp HP
QTH: GLENN

  160:     0     0
   80:   111   138
   40:   217   125
   20:   430   108
   15:   251    43
   10:    50    35
--------------------
Total:  1059   449  Mults = 56  Total Score = 228,200

Club: EAST BAY CONTESTING CLUB

Comments:

Wow, what fun...band conditions were good, weather in Glenn County was
beautiful, Murphy wasn't active and the accommodations were five star. Don
N6DA, Bernhard AE6YN/DL4MHK and I set up on a relatives almond orchard in
Orland,CA. We had a modern three car garage to setup and operate our two
station and slept in the three bedrooms upstairs in a 100 year old farm house.
Meals were served for us by the 'farmer's wife' and during the contest fresh
coffee, salsa and chips, sandwiches plus all the almond we could eat for snacks
were provided.

Some firsts for me; Got to ride up in the scoop of a tractor to raise antennas,
and found out that I'm not able to contest on a 'German' keyboard. Fortunately
the farmer had a keyboard available.

Can't thank Don and Bernhard enough for coming along and turning my planned
single operator limited operating time into a multi multi CCE.

We all agreed that next year we will have gain antennas on 10 and 15 meters and
additional 4db in amplifier power which equates to MORE FUN!

Transceivers: 2 K3's
Amplifiers: KPA 500, Ten Tec Hercules II
Antennas:

10M: Vertical Dipole
15M: 2 Vertical dipoles phased.
20M: 3 element monoband YAGI up 30 feet(Homebrew portable wire YAGI)
40M: 2 Vertical Dipoles phased.
80M: Coaxial dipole with feed point up 35 feet.

Looking forward to next year.
Al
wt6k