[3830] NA Sprint RTTY K6UFO(@W6YX) QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 14 12:46:59 EDT 2012

                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest - October

Call: K6UFO
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CA

---------------------
Total:  88     Mults = 31  Total Score = 2,728

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC

Comments:

I enjoy RTTY and Sprinting, but how embarrassing for me to
not even make 100 contacts!

The A Index was 36 at the start, and those stations I could
hear all sounded QRP, so I must have sounded really weak.

People left 20m early, probably a good idea, since 40m
went long quite early - leaving 20m dead, 40m long, and only
80m for some domestic activity. On 80m I could hear more
stations than could hear me, but I tried and tried...  It
seemed like many stations quit early, and the last half hour
was quite empty.

Lots of Cuban stations operating, thanks! Hardly anybody in
California on, just N6RO, W6SX and me.

K6UFO MORK CA

W6YX Stanford University:
20m: 6 el yagi at 60 ft
40m: 4 el at 60 ft
80m: inverted vee at 50 ft
One Yaesu FT-1000MP turned down to 5 watts
Writelog, MMTTY, Microham keyer and FSK