[3830] SAC SSB OH1F(@OH1AF) M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 14 15:09:40 EDT 2012

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, SSB

Call: OH1F
Operator(s): OH1NOA OH1TM
Station: OH1AF

Class: M/S HP
QTH:

Total: 1165   228  Total Score = 581,400

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

FT1000MP FT1000D, 2xPA
80m: GP, dipole
40m: 2el yagi at 17m, dipole
20m: 4/4el yagis, 4el yagi
15m: 4/4el yagis, 4el yagi
10m: 4/4/4/4el yagis, 6el yagi

Our planned full multi-multi operation went down to 2 man multi-single. A week
before the contest the upper yagi of our 40m 3/2el stack was damaged.
Fortunately OH1MM had time just before the contest to remove a coax from that
yagi, so we had a low yagi for 40m to use. Instead of 2 man multi-multi we
decided to go full-heart M/S without knowing how that low yagi works.

The propagation was the worst we remember in SAC. Myself (NOA) I have not
worked such a low qso number in SAC from OH1AF/OH1F in 25 years. Fortunately
Sunday saved a lot and we worked over 500 qsos on Sunday. Worked zero USA on
80, 40 and 10 meters (worked one, NR5M on 15m). Worked zero JA on 80 and 40
meters, the first JA in the contest was worked at 0627z on Sunday.

We had a nice race with OH1TX. Unfortunately the advantage of 80m yagi was too
much + some mistakes we made on the Sat afternoon.

CU in CQWWs.