[3830] CQWW SSB N2FF SOAB(A) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 28 19:10:20 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2FF
Operator(s): N2FF
Station: N2FF

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: East williston, NY

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:    8     2        8
   20:  152    23       77
   15:  176    24       81
   10:  422    29      113

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Great Cconditions on 10 and 15 so I elected to do a mainly 10 meter single band
and see if In could make it to 1K QSOs and a million ponts.  I'll spare you the
suspense.  I did not make it but I sure had fun trying.  Saturday mornihng
during the EU opeing (prime time) I lost almost and hour trying to figure out
why I had weird windows operning up all over the place and moving around the
screen.  I thought perhaps it ws RF getting into the nouse or the keyboard and
reset the computer a few times.  Finally I decided to replace the old Focus
keyboard which had had too much coffee over the years with a new Logitech
wireless version sitting in the corner having never been used.  That was the
cure.  But I lost an important hour.

I spent the rest of the contest mving up and down the band map on ten meters
picking off mults and new stations attempting the turn all the spots red.  It's
not all the easy running 100 watts but it sure is fun.  I never used the MFJ
voice keyer and I ver tried to run. Once in a while I moved back to 15 or 20to
pick off multipliers.

Sunday afternoon I really started to get tired and threw in the towel early as
there was almost no new stations to work and there were no more multipliers.
But more importantly the wind had picked up and there was rain spitting as the
hurricane approached.  It was about time to crank the tower down.

Thanks  to all the guys and gals around the world who hear my signal and worked
me. The thrill of getting a response from a distant multiplier on the first or
second call never gets old with low power. In fact I am always happen when they
simply come back no matter how many calls I have made.

May East Coast towers and antennas be spared in the coming storm!  We still
ahve the CW portion ahead.