[3830] CQWW SSB KB0EO SOSB(A)/10 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 28 20:45:14 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KB0EO
Operator(s): KB0EO
Station: KB0EO

Class: SOSB(A)/10 HP
QTH: Minnesota
Operating Time (hrs): 14:45

   10: 1264    35      132
------------------------------
Total: 1264    35      132  Total Score = 603,037

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

I was invited to help operate at K0MD, but couldn't fit it in the schedule this
year - too many kid and church activities going on. I didn't get my first QSO
until 8:30 am Saturday morning.

It was a game-time decision to operate only single band 10 meters - I figured I
could fit in enough chunks to do OK. I exceeded my two objectives of 1000 QSOs
and 500K points. I was unable to get the last five zones from VU and SE Asia,
along with western VK - I have been talking to my pals in VK6 the last several
nights, but they didn't show up for the contest to give me zone 29 :-(

It was great working MN stations V31MW and AH0/N0AT - you guys did a great
job!

10 meters was on fire! I tried running the majority of the time - it was
difficult to find an open spot and I often had to go up around 28900-29000. BIG
signals coming in from EU and JA. I had a couple of solid runs averaging 200-300
per hour. Unfortunately, I ran out of people to work...

73,

Dan - KB0EO
Northfield, MN