[3830] CQWW SSB M4A(@G6UW) M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 28 20:48:14 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: M4A
Operator(s): G3ZAY, G4AXX, G4EAG, G4KNO, G7VJR, M0BLF,   M0DEG, M0GXM, M0HSW, M0NCG, M0SKI, M0TOC,   M0TRN, M0VFC, M0ZXA, M6DTW, M6IZW
Station: G6UW

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Cambridge, UK

  160:   96     6       42
   80:  874    19       78
   40:  750    28      102
   20:  711    30      101
   15: 1591    33      118
   10: 1180    36      124

The annual Cambridge University Wireless Society entry in CQWW DX SSB is our
biggest event of the year. We use it as an opportunity to show contesting to
our latest recruits, many of whom are current students, whilst also inviting
some recent graduates and supporters back to help us achieve a respectable
score.
This year was a very odd contest for us: Saturday saw fantastic conditions, and
at one point we were 600k points up on our score from the same time last year.
On Sunday, however, we found the bands much more flat, which meant that we lost
a lot of ground, eventually finishing 1.6M points lower than last year's claimed
score.
Antennas were much the same as in previous years, but we used K3s instead of
the FT-1000MPs we have used in the past. This was a great success, and the
diversity feature was especially appreciated on the lower bands.
Despite not managing to beat the English M2 record that we set last year, all
seventeen operators had a great time during the weekend. Thanks for the QSOs.