[3830] CQWW SSB KG4IGC SOAB QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 28 20:53:05 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Summerville, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 4:17

  160:   0      0        0
   80:   0      0        0
   40:   6      4        6
   20:  18      8       16
   15:   7      3        6
   10:  13     22       38
------------------------------
Total:  44     22       38  Total Score = 6,120

Club: Low Country Contest Club

Comments:

Was busy this weekend and actually forgot about the contest until Sunday
morning, worked QRP 5 watts. The bands were very quiet from QRN which was
really nice so was able to hear as far as Japan and Indonesia, and later in the
day Africa. About an hour after jumping into the contest, Murphy paid a visit
and broke a wire in my Sennheiser Boom/headset so I had no audio from the mike,
only a horrible buzzing noise. Had to tear that thing apart, (thus finding the
broken wire) soldered it back and inspected all other connections. Got it
working again which made me very happy as I use this set almost every
contest.No more buzzing noise and great audio was the result. (Best QSO for me
was Iceland, answered me on my first call. Had a very hard time working EU due
to QRM and of course, running 5 watts did not help either. Really enjoyed the
radio time while messing around with some other projects.
Rig used:Yaesu FT-1000MP Field
Antennas: Maco V5/8 vertical for 10, Two 20 meter extended double zepps, one
N/S, the other E/W, and my 20 meter half square.
Did not hear any locals on the air, but I am sure they were there.

Cheers and 73,
Frank KG4IGC