[3830] CQWW SSB K6GHA SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 28 21:16:41 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K6GHA
Operator(s): K6GHA
Station: K6GHA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Santa Cruz

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    4     3        2
   40:   58    17       26
   20:   58    19       28
   15:  131    23       46
   10:   69    20       35

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I would assume others had better conditions than I did, as I spent most of the
time running into walls (East and Southern Coasts), and punching through the
contest blocks where I could. I’m now sure that’s where Roger Water got his
inspiration for ‘The Wall’ (music inspiration experienced somewhere around
3am on a Sunday morning while Phone DXing).
It seemed like there was a lot of congestion on the bands which led to noise
and escalated to pushing and shoving at the contact points. Nothing new, just
learned to mark contact and come back later, if they were still there.
 As usual I had some fun, unexpected (in a good way) contacts, and a few missed
opportunities. I tried something new and may make changes based on the order of
the few short sleep periods I took. The ironman days of getting a total of 3-5
hours of sleep for the contest are behind me.  But some of the changes seemed
to work, and I’ll apply the best to the next contest.