[3830] CQWW SSB N2RJ SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 28 21:24:42 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2RJ
Operator(s): N2RJ
Station: N2RJ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NNJ

  160:   11     6        7
   80:   84    15       45
   40:  283    18       62
   20:  228    25       80
   15:  523    28       86
   10:  648    26       86

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

First off, let me say - I am glad that this is my personal best for this
contest.

But I did have a couple of things that made it worse than it could have been,
namely a health issue that left me in severe pain for most of the contest
(which resulted in me taking meds, falling asleep and missing most of Saturday
night/Sunday morning) and preparation for Hurricane Sandy.

Anyway my goal was to meet or exceed my QSO count for WPX SSB this year, and
that I did.

The shack has undergone a bit of renovation and feels much more ergonomic now.

I have added "decent enough" topband capability (for the time being) but I am
finding that a lot of people either can't hear or I can hear them too well.
Either way I need to get my transmit ability better than it is now. Currently
I'm using an inverted L (vertical portion 70ft) with 3x 130ft elevated radials.
Maybe something phased will be in the cards for Spring antenna work, along with
the outstanding issue of fixing the broken antenna.

Nonetheless I got some nice surprises for this contest, like AH0BT calling me
out of the blue, and running into E51CG on 10 with no pileup. 20 was nice and
open the first night, as was 80 and 160. That changed on Saturday somewhat but
I ended up going to bed anyway.

Anyway CUL for CW, and stay safe my friends.

73
Ryan, N2RJ