[3830] CQWW SSB KK7AC SOSB/20 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 28 22:10:35 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KK7AC
Operator(s): KK7AC
Station: KK7AC

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: AZ

   20:  83     26       73
Total:  83     26       73  Total Score = 16,571

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Like the NAQP, my fan went out on the transceiver. Unlike the NAQP I made no
provisions to keep going forward. The first time, the thermal resistor went
out. I then wired the fan hot to 24 volts so it would run all of the time on
the old FT-1000D. This time the fan sized up. Now to replace the fan or an
excuse to get a new rig? Anyway, delt lemons, make lemonade -which I did.
Turned off the radio and started on the fall clean-up around the cabin by
raking pine needles and did some painting. The weather was nice for this.
Watched the World Series too. One less thing I will have to do when I go up to
participate in Sweeps..... with either a new radio or repaired one. I was going
to concentrate on a 20 meter only effort. I got 27 zones and a new DXCC for me
in the short amount of time. Still disapointed. O well. Maybe next year. Sorry
Outlaws -I hang my head in shame.