[3830] CQWW SSB W9PA SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 28 23:36:19 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W9PA
Operator(s): W9PA (EX-W9ZRX)
Station: W9PA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Westfield, IN

  160:    5     3        2
   80:   29     8       17
   40:   63    19       37
   20:   56    20       42
   15:   67    20       41
   10:  287    24       78

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

First Contest with the new call - W9PA.  Was WN9ZRX around 1952 and W9ZRX since
1962.

Hadn't planned on operating as much but I napped too much on Saturday and then
couldn't sleep Saturday night so operated most of Sunday.  Unfortunately I
think conditions were better on Saturday.

All QSO's were S&P.  S&P with a Doublet and 100W is more like S&M (closer to
the "M" Part).

Biggest thrill of the Contest was working JT5DX on 15M as my first QSO with the
new call.

Equipment: Elecraft K3 + P3, 135-ft Doublet, Laptop with Win-Test