[3830] CQWW SSB VE1SKY SOSB(A)/80 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 28 23:52:22 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE1SKY
Operator(s): VE1SKY
Station: VE1SKY

Class: SOSB(A)/80 LP
QTH: Bridgetown NS

   80:  465    15       55

Good conditions and lots of activity!  I heard a wall of EUs but couldn't work
them LP until after midnight local on both nights.  My station is a little
pistol "Derringer" - just wires and LP.   SSB on 80 made sense for VE1SKY to
try to mount a competitive effort. At 23:59 on Sunday, I was 2500 points shy of
a world record for the category.   A four square would have made a big
difference.

I had a great time and will catch some sleep later.  Two all-nighters in a row
is getting tougher to do.  Thanks for the Qs!

73,
Roger, VE1SKY