[3830] CQWW SSB K1ZR SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 29 09:57:46 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1ZR
Operator(s): K1ZR
Station: K1ZR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NH

  160:   14     7        8
   80:  244    20       71
   40:  277    23       74
   20:  850    29      105
   15:  847    28       93
   10: 1803    30      100

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

New station is getting there....still a lot of work to do but I'm quite pleased
with how everything played this weekend.

High's:

Conditions!
1)New 80M 4 square is a game changer.
2)A few 200+ hours on 10M!
3)First time breaking 4K Q's as a SO.

Low's:

1)Need to do better searching for mults (limited this time due to SO1R config)
2)Did not push 40M hard enough...the XM240 at about 100' is loud but the QRM is
bruttle.  Looking forward to running this band in WW CW.

Overall a great weekend surrounded by top notch operators.  Ran into a few loud
EU's while running and rather than get into a freq battle we both came up with a
solution.....you go up a little and I'll go down a little....done.

Many thanks to K1RX for all of the help.

Thanks for all of the Q's!  What a great contest.

73,
Shane K1ZR