[3830] CQWW SSB LZ9W M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 29 11:37:38 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: LZ9W
Operator(s): LZ1ZD, LZ1PM, LZ1UQ, LZ1ANA, LZ1FG, LZ1PJ, LZ2PO, LZ2UZ, LZ2HQ, LZ2MAM, LZ2UU, LZ2CJ, LZ2GL, LZ2UX, LZ3FM, LZ3UM, LZ3SM
Station: LZ9W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Breznik

  160:   453    10       59
   80:  1416    25      100
   40:  2124    36      124
   20:  3441    36      148
   15:  2870    37      148
   10:  2695    37      147
-------------------------------

Club: LZ CONTEST TEAM

Comments:

First of all I would like to say THANKS to LZ1PM, LZ1ANA,LZ2HQ,LZ2UZ,LZ3UM,LZ3FM
for many hours of hard work to get antennas at LZ9W in excellent shape. THANKS
to George LZ2GL & LZ3UM for great technical support,too. Hard work of all these
guys is what keeps LZ9W M/M station going strong through these already 10 years
of activity.

That is the first time ever 13 000 QSOs were made from LZ9W in any contest
since we started as M/M back in 2003. Condx on 15 and 10 were amazing and first
night on 20m was great, too. This time we were able to close the gap on 20m to
some 350 QSO difference compared to guys at DR1A which is a great advancement
compared to situation in last two years or so. 40m was the weakest here having
to fight the "Chinese" wall of numerous and strong EU signals. Operating in
CQWW SSB on 40m is a special kind of torture to ops who were chosen to manage
this band. So, out thanks go to LZ1UQ, LZ2MAM and LZ3SM.

This operation was a rehearsal for comming CQWW CW to test new receiving
antennas, so a really serious operation will be done in November.
Since Danny LZ2UU had a birthday and Mitko LZ1UQ had a name day during the
weekend that was somewhat a relaxed type of contesting with some celebration
going on while operating a contest, too.

So, see you all in one month time for CQWW CW when we plan to get serious if
Murphy has not planned a visit to LZ9W shack and if we have no power failures.
:-)

73, de Wally LZ2CJ
on behalf of LZ9W M/M team
www.lz9w.com