[3830] CQWW SSB K5WA SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 29 12:41:42 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TX

  160:   17     8        9
   80:   71    18       48
   40:  221    31       87
   20:  346    35      115
   15:  516    35      120
   10:  623    33      116

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I never could get any extended runs going so just had to S&P up and down the
bands  and use SO2R as much as possible.  Fortunately, the bands were packed
and I was able to zip through most of the contacts quickly but there were some
extended times spent calling large pileups.  Most of the pileup guys gave their
calls often enough to be acceptable but a couple NEVER gave their calls ;-).  My
station is REALLY not set up for SSB though and I just couldn't stay awake long
enough but this was a nice station check-out for SS CW.  Nice to see 10 open
and I'm glad I repaired my 10M coax last week but I sure missed having the low
bands open from Texas.  It was TOUGH on 80/160.

Bob K5WA