[3830] CQWW SSB K9CT M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 29 12:44:46 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT, K9ZO, N7MB, KB9UWU, K3WA, K9QQ
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL

  160:   52    13       26
   80:  216    23       75
   40:  582    31      100
   20:  820    39      128
   15: 2104    38      144
   10: 1777    36      147

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Wow...very nice conditions! It was a pleasure to host the team, K9ZO, K3WA, N7MB
and KB9UWU and welcome newcomer K9QQ to K9CT contest station. Very nice rates
both days especially to EU on 15 and 10. Our best two hours were 1300Z 28th 291
qsos and 1400Z 27th 288 qsos.

Our goal was to best the W9 record of 4.1m set by N0IJ/9 set in 2011. Later we
targeted the 2011 M/2 winner's score of 8.8m. Then we shot for 10m and then we
focused on besting the M/2 winner's zone and dxcc mult totals from 2011. Then
we wanted to reach 12m. What fun for the team!!

We posted our score live on cqcontest.ru. I wish more people would do this as
it really kept our team fired up...

We used four K3s...two run interlocked with two assist radios. The Tx Inhibit
feature in the K3 works very well. More station information at www.k9ct.us

Thanks for the qsos and mults...the DX ops were very good and the politeness
was the best I have heard.

We are looking forward to the CW version....next up SS!!

73, Craig K9CT