[3830] CQWW SSB OL3R(OK1VWK) SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 29 14:59:10 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OL3R
Operator(s): OK1VWK
Station: OK1VWK

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:

  160:   67     5       27
   80:  180    10       50
   40:  410    17       68
   20:  494    33      100
   15:  533    33      117
   10:  675    37      129

Time for final decision construct serious operating room. I know that car is too
small for serious SOAB. Tried to perform tent room this time. After first 18
hours of contest decided to stop operation due to crazy weather. Started in
sunny day around 8° of Celsius. During next 24 hours conditions changed to
windy and snow. Temperature went definitely under zero degree of Celsius.
Around me and my tent was 30-40cm snow. Heater was only my old friend OM-Power
amplifier. Some troubles with melt water from snow on tent roof also. I was
totaly frozen, btw. Never more.

After next 16 hours decided to check weather conditions. Again nice and sunny
autumnal day. Most of the snow melted in the sun. I am again operating from my
tent room. Without chance to repeat previous records, but still on the air. It
is stronger than me. Some pictures: http://ok1vwk.rajce.idnes.cz/WWSSB2012

Thanks to all who called and CU in next time....