[3830] CQWW SSB W2RE SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 29 15:38:09 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W2RE
Operator(s): W2RE
Station: W2RE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FN22

  160:   20     7       12
   80:  253    17       63
   40:  450    27       77
   20: 1023    33      108
   15: 1242    35      113
   10: 1660    30      103

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Great conditions just before Sandy.

Thankfully she is showing up after CQWW. The station played very good this
weekend and its very clear that we are struggling on topband and trying to get
the new 4 square up this fall did not happen due to the new remote project. It
was fun to see all the listeners and watchers on the live feed we had running
http://www.remotehamradio.com/live/ . Condx on the low bands the 2nd night were
horrible much better the first night.

I guess it could be a blessing in disguise, we had planned to upgrade the
stacks from 4/4 to 2X Array 6/6/6 on 15 and 20m before this season but time was
not on our side. Perhaps Sandy will take the stacks down for us this week and
make the project easier.

Here is the SH5 breakdown.
http://www.w2re.com/Results/2012-CQ-WW-SSB-W2RE/index.htm

See you in the next one.