[3830] CQWW SSB K1VK SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 29 16:09:38 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1VK
Operator(s): K1VK
Station: K1VK

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Bedford, MA

   80:    3     3        2
   40:   14    31       11
   20:   79    18       46
   15:   58    21       37
   10:  176    24       69

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Well this was my first real attempt at contesting.  The contest had lots of new
stuff for me.  A new quad core computer built for the ham shack, rig control
using the computer, computer logging,  a new logging program (N1MM) and a new
radio.  I planned to only try to make about 100 Qs.  I got so involved and was
having so much fun I lost track of that goal.  I got N1MM loaded up on the
computer on Monday and made about 100 contacts with it during the week before
trying it in the contest.  It took a couple of false starts to get the
contesting program for CQWW SSB correctly set up with all the needed windows.
I did this during the week so on Friday night everything started up by 2330 and
I was off and running (crawling really) at 0000GMT.  10 meters was an absolute
blast and when it was open.  I had to tear myself away to work the other bands.
 I don’t know if I have the contest bug yet because I’m more of a CW op, but
we will see next month with the CQWW CW contest.