[3830] CQWW SSB XE2B SOSB/10 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 29 17:35:47 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: XE2B
Operator(s): XE2B
Station: XE2B

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: DL81

   10: 1716    32      117
------------------------------
Total: 1716    32      117  Total Score = 630,419

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

What a weekend!! It was awesome to see the 10M band with such levels of
activity!

Well, despite the planned 8 hours unavailability of prime time, during our
local Saturday afternoon (Saturday 1800z thru Sunday 0200z), this year my score
is up almost 20% !

 I estimate that â€"given the excellent propagation conditions, I might have
lost at least 800 Q’s  ~ 900K points....

Anyway, I decided to squeeze out most of the available by studying my previous
logs on the days before the test, maximizing the rate whenever possible.

The contest here starts on Friday 6:00 PM local time. So, there are only a
couple of hours left to use the 10 M band.

It started fast and furious (for this hour) running plenty of JA’s  â€"unseen
on the several past years, yielding almost 200 Q’s the 1st hour.
At the beggining of this timeframe, I was awed when called by OH9A!! Talking
about good omens...
Then (normal) the 2nd hour plummeted to a less than 80q’s/hr.. The band shut
it down at 0151z.

Resumed S&P  at 1230z,  where I could heard  the first signal from E74A, just
coming in and out  the noise level, and despite my 1KW + 3 ele monoband yagi, I
could not work him. I started running at 1350z with a healthy EU opening.
As the daylight absorption increased,  stateside started to pouring in.
Forced to make a hard stop at 1811z to make a 3 hours drive to take my mom to
Guadalajara city.

I was back home at 0400z (110PM local time). I got some sleep and resumed at
1230z with a total silent band.
It was until 1243z that HI3TEJ popped out the noise with strong signals on the
lower 10M beam. The rest of the day was enjoyed with a mixture of Running and
S&P.

Overall, I noticed that the 1st day was better than the 2nd one.

Also many dupes -some of them 3 times!!
I just went ahead and logged them to avoid waisting time.

It was fun to use online scores by http://cqcontest.ru great GUI and tools.
I agree, this adds a new dimension to the competition, I was really motivated.

 I look forward to see you on the CW portion!

Luis