[3830] CQWW SSB K2PO SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 29 23:41:35 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K2PO
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: K2PO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Oregon

  160:   14     4        3
   80:   43    11        9
   40:  160    30       69
   20:  278    30       79
   15:  484    31       89
   10:  642    28       82

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

That was fun!

My score and QSO count beat last year's numbers by a few percent, which I count
as a bigger gain since condx weren't quite up to 2011.  (10m here never opened
to EU generally - I missed UA, OH, SM, HA, YU, etc., etc.  37% of my 10m EU
QSOs were with Spain.)

My mults were down on 160, 80, 20, 15 and 10.  However, increased effort on 40m
more than made up the difference.  (The condx to EU were particularly good on
Saturday night - making up 75% of all my 40m-EU QSOs.)

It's always a treat when a double-mult comes back to a CQ in the final hours of
the contest - especially when running lower power (tnx 7Q7DFC, ZS6GRL and
HS0ZIN).

38% of my QSOs were with Asia (vs. 30% for Europe).  However, only 13% of my
multipliers came from those Asian QSOs (vs. 30% for Europeans).  44% of my QSOs
came from CQing.

126 distinct countries are in the log this year, down from 130 last year.

I knew I was tired Sunday morning when I looked to see what time it was, and
puzzled for way too long trying to figure out a time that started with 28...
(as I stared at the 2d rig's frequency display).

Today, back in my cubicle at work, was not as much fun : )

Thanks to all - especially those many ops who got on just to hand out some
casual QSOs.

73,

/Bill, K2PO
near Portland, OR