[3830] CQWW SSB ED5T(@EA5ELT) M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Oct 30 07:44:42 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: ED5T
Operator(s): EA5KV, EA5GS, EA5ON, EA5UF, EB5KT
Station: EA5ELT

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Torrent

  160:   34     5       32
   80:  282    19       77
   40:  764    31      113
   20: 1777    35      136
   15:  978    35      131
   10: 1422    36      143

Club: Torrent Contest Club

Comments:

Our fifth year doing multi-single from the Torrent contest club. Novelties this
year included a home-made rotary dipole for 80m, and beverages for EU and USA
courtesy of EC5AA Andreu. Conditions this year didn’t seem much better than
last year, impossible to get any decent runs on Sunday until late into the
evening, by which time it was impossible to make up for lost time. Very
disappointed with nighttime performance on 40m, normally a good band for us,
and for some reason 15 too. Good work by the multi station, we were able to
work almost everything we heard. But judging by what I see our competitors were
able to dig out of the noise, we didn’t hear everyone!

Good news that finally the QRN problem that has plagued us for the last year
seems to have disappeared, we assume the operator of the adjacent cellphone
tower has finally changed the offending apparatus.

Another novelty this year was the introduction of a timetable, we weren’t
sure about this but the general consensus is that it was a good idea and we
will probably continue to do this in the future.

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs, and also thanks as usual to those who make
this happen: URE Torrent, our tech team especially Juan EA5GIE and Andreu
EC5AA, plus Belar EA5YI, and to our families for their support and
understanding!

Ops: EA5GS, EA5KV, EB5KT, EA5ON, EA5UF

Rigs: FT2000D, FT1000MkV filed
2 x 1kw
2 x Optibeam tribanders
1 x 40m dipole
2 x 80m dipole
1 x 160m bazooka
2 x 160m beverage

73 de Duncan EA5ON on behalf of the ED5T team
http://ea5kv.ure.es