[3830] CQWW SSB KJ5T(@NX5M) SOSB(A)/15 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Oct 30 19:31:42 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KJ5T
Operator(s): KJ5T
Station: NX5M

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24h

   15: 1265    37      127
Total: 1265    37      127  Total Score = 516,436

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

First off thanks to Colin KU5B and Bob NX5M for inviting me out to operate at
the NX5M contest station once again.

I wasn't able to leave the office at the time I planned Friday, and had a late
start heading to Somerville so didn't arrive until after 8PM.  I operated for a
couple of hours Friday but was getting over a cold/sinus infection and having
worked all day I decided to shut down fairly early.  Saturday I got on early
and worked a lot of EU.  Saturday night resulted in some great JA runs.  Band
conditions were very good.

Sunday morning, I got up when the alarm went off but wasn't feeling great and
opted for a few more hours of sleep so I didn't get on until after 10AM.  This
resulted in missing probably a few hundred Q's and I might have gotten zone 22
if I was on the morning.

Regardless I had a great time.  Added some countries I hadn't previously worked
with my own call and was grateful to be invited out.  I look forward to next
year and perhaps I will get a bit more serious and get a bigger score.