[3830] CQWW SSB KV0Q SOSB(A)/15 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Oct 30 23:59:51 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KV0Q
Operator(s): KV0Q
Station: KV0Q

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: Co

   15: 1621    38      141
Total: 1621    38      141  Total Score = 809,796

This year was very similar to the conditions we experienced last year on 15
meters with the exception of the S7 line noise I had towards Europe.  I
searched for the line noise for a couple hours before the contest started but
was unsuccessful in finding it.

My 4 high 15 meter 7 element stack played well and I worked all stations I
called except the FT4 for zone 39 on Sunday afternoon.  It was very difficult
to maintain a good run frequency when Europe was coming through due to the
sheer volume of stations on the band.

Thank you to all the stations who called me in the contest and we are looking
forward to the CQ WW CW contest this November from K0RF's station.  Congrads to
N3RD for setting a new USA record on 15 meters and for K3EST's fine effort from
the West Coast.

73's

Bill KV0Q