[3830] CQWW SSB DL2ARD SOSB(A)/15 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Oct 31 06:08:38 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: DL2ARD
Operator(s): DL2ARD
Station: DL2ARD

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: JO50RK

   15: 3429    38      154

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Ant :  6ele/20m , 6ele/18m , 4ele/10m

I install all antennas  1 weekend before the contest,at +20 degress.
10 hours before the contest beginns, the winther is coming at 800m a.s.l.
I get up saturday morning and find few 5cm snow at -1 degress.
Thats not really a problem.
But than over the day the snowstorm beginns and brings 20cm new snow.
Suddenly at 16:23 first power failures beginns . Up to this time I had 100
QSO's in this hour. Exactly after 1 hour electricity comes back.
The problem now was to find a clear frequency.
But I had luck and could make agn 100 QSO's in the rest of this hour.
Followed from the best 219  QSO/h rate. So the power failure was in the US
prime time.
After the power comes back the wlan router are brocken and I had no more
internet for the rest of the day.
Solve the problem in the night. But it's very difficult to find a reliably
access via mobilephone on a mountain.
Over the night the temp falling down and it was foggy. The ant beginns to icing
and I became problems with the swr from the 6ele Yagis.
So I could no more use the higher part of the band.
On sunday all went normal. But than at 15:00 the next power fail.
Deja vu like on saturday but it persist only 45min.
The rest of the contest brings no problem.

I take down all ant on monday witch require the hole day.
Now the biggest problem was to come from the mountain with my car.
But I was successful and would never forget this winter contest in october.

TNX for the QSO's .

73 de Oliver
DL2ARD