[3830] CQWW SSB LX7I(LX2A) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Oct 31 15:49:37 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: LX7I
Operator(s): LX2A
Station: LX2A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

  160:  239     9       52
   80:  734    14       71
   40: 1008    31       86
   20: 1362    27       89
   15: 1864    32       90
   10: 1802    34      100

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

The start of the contest was kind of a disaster to me.
Only after 8 hours in the contest my main amplifier caused some problems.I had
to reset it every 5 minutes because of high SWR. Some RF in the shack also
disabled my MK2R+ and I needed to restart the computer many times. I checked
all the connections and SWR on the antennas but I was not able to find the
problem.
After 4 hours finally I decided to exchange the amplifier and from that moment
on everything was OK.
4 hours lost at the best time for USA on the high bands and at least 600 QSOs
missing.

Than desaster 2  : the 5el 20M for JA was not working anymore. I still do not
know why but it still worked fine a few days ago. ???

At this moment I wanted to quit the contest as I saw already a big gab between
me an the rest of the SOAB operators.
After putting so much time in erecting all these beams mainly alone this year,
I forced myselft to go on up to the end. As I knew a good score  would not be
possible, my main goal was to test the new antennas and try to make as much
QSOs as possible.
SO2R with a FTDX 5000 and an ICOM 7700 is realy not ideal and hope to be able
to buy a second FTDX5000.

I was able to run 55% of US stations and I am realy satisfied with the new
setup, some minor improvements for next year are still planned.
My complete new fully automatic antenna switching system was not yet ready for
this contest but it will be hopefully next year. This will make SO2R much more
easyer.

Antenna setup:

10M: USA high Stack of 6/6/6el YU7EF homemade
     JA  Stack of 5/5/5 YU7EF homemade
     South 6el YU7EF homemade

15M: USA  Stack of 6/6el YU7EF homemade
     JA  6el YU7EF homemade
     South 3el

20M: USA  Stack of 5/5el YU7EF homemade
     JA  no antenna
     South 3el

40M: USA  4el OB4-40
     JA  2el
      Dipol

80M: USA  2el OB2-80
     JA  fullsize freestanding 4-Square homemade
      Dipol

160M : Dipol

2 times 2-wire Beverages for reciving

My homepage will be updated with some pictures of these new antennas during the
winter time. www.lx2a.com

Thank you for QSO's and QSY's! Each and every contact is a lot appreciated!
We will be M/S in the CQWWCW and look for your call

73s de Philippe LX2A / LX7I