[3830] CQWW SSB 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Oct 31 21:38:42 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: 8P5A
Operator(s): W2SC
Station: 8P5A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Barbados

  160:  109     7       16
   80:  452    20       63
   40: 1319    29      102
   20: 2315    35      116
   15: 2255    33      108
   10: 3140    32      112

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

It was an odd contest weekend.

My wife Kathleen and I were both not feeling well before we left.  Upon
arrival, we had a few station problem that did not get resolved until Friday
morning.  I was more stressed than usual before the start

Ater a mediocre start I had a good first day and was on a pace to break my NA
record by about 10%.  However conditions on 80 and 160 the next night were
brutal and I could not build the mult totals.  On Sunday, I could never really
get into a groove.  It seemed like US activity was way down as the bottomless
afternoon pileups did not materialize.  Toni and Tonno have had similar
observations.  Perhaps it was due to strom preparations.

Overall, the station performed flawlessly again and, despite a disappointing
second day, a fun weekend

Thanks to everybody for the Q's and the moves.

Thanks to Kathleen for helping me get prepared

QSL via NN1N or LoTW

73, Tom W2SC