[3830] TnQP VE1RGB SO FixedCW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Sep 3 10:24:26 EDT 2012

                    Tennessee QSO Party

Call: VE1RGB
Operator(s): VE1RGB
Station: VE1RGB

Class: SO FixedCW LP
QTH:

  160:
   80:   21                    15
   40:   44                    34
   20:   48                    36
-----------------------------------
Total:  113     0       0      85  Total Score = 28,095

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Very poor conditions:  noisy, QSB, etc.  Several counties short of last year's
scores.

I have complained about this before but I see that the State of TN has done
nothing about it:  there are simply too many counties in Tennessee to make a
sweep even a remote possibility from up here.  I'd like to see a number of TN
counties consolidated for the benefit of amateur radio contesters.  I mean, in
all of Canada there can't be many more than 95 counties, right?  It's very
discouraging at the end of a contest to find that I have left 485 HF mults on
the table, all from one single State.

The good news is that I got to work some of the regular folks that I always
look for:  N2WN for instance, and my pal K4LTA.  The strongest signal I heard
all day was Kirk N4RO and I even sent him an email telling him that, but he
didn't hang around for long.

Tnx, folks, for TnQP.  CU next year [with fewer counties? :)]

73,
Gary VE1RGB