[3830] NA Sprint CW N5UM LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 9 11:19:53 EDT 2012

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: N5UM
Operator(s): N5UM
Station: N5UM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs): 1h 26m

   80:  35      36m
   40:  57      55m
   20:   0       0m
---------------------
Total:  92     Mults = 31  Total Score = 2,852

Club:

Team:

Comments:

I totally forgot that Sprint was this weekend.  Spent most of the day Saturday
helping my son fix the sunroof on his car (what a pain, but we got it done) and
was winding down for the day, switched on the rig, and low and behold - there is
Sprint going on.  So, I decided to jump in for the final 1 1/2 hours. Conditions
seemed to be reasonably good.

The display on my IC756 original model started developing the dreaded blue line
syndrome.  On Friday night, I changed the display out to the PA7FA replacement
LCD.  It was not an easy task, but I managed to get it done without really
messing anything up.   The rig seemed to work just fine with the new display,
but holy cow it's a pain to work on circuit boards with surface mount
components that you can barely see (even with a halfway decent magnifier). I
don't remember signing up for failing close-up vision  :-)   Thinking now that
perhaps I should have sent the front panel of the rig over to PA7FA and let him
do the changeout (which he can do for a small fee).

I won't be able to work the SSB Sprint coming up, but will maybe give the next
RTTY Sprint a shot.

73 and thanks for the QSOs,

Al N5UM