[3830] WAE SSB GW4BLE Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Sep 10 06:04:11 EDT 2012

                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: GW4BLE
Operator(s): GW4BLE
Station: GW4BLE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Newport

   80:   10     0     8
   40:    9     0     8
   20:   59    52    28
   15:  423    70    37
   10:   41    10    19
-------------------------
Total:  542   132   100  Total Score = 150,976

When I got my GW4BLE call in September 1972 WAE was my first contest, now 40
years later it is still one of my favourites. However, 2012 has been a
difficult year for me with health problems putting a stop to my plans.

I took down the main HF antenna and 40 metre beam towards the end of last year
and now use just a fixed A3 @ 7M (approx 24') , a 4 ele 10m beam @ 12 M, a
ground mount Butternut and 80 metre dipole.

My chemo and radiotherapy are now over and I have surgery scheduled for later
this month, after that I will be fit and well again  and ready to get back to
the antenna work next year.

So, this was a part-time effort but still great fun.

CU all again in WAE 2013.

Steve
GW4BLE