[3830] NA Sprint CW WI9WI HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Sep 10 15:51:49 EDT 2012

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Winter, WI

---------------------

Team: SMC #1

Comments:

I spent most of the afternoon rebuilding my 80 meter dipole  which had been
trashed by a falling tree earlier this summer. I did this in a pretty good rain
storm. Fortunately the rain had stopped  by the time I had to climb the tower to
loosen the haul rope which the wind had wrapped around a clamp halfway up. After
a little pruning it was ready to go. No SO2R this tome. By the time I finished
the antenna I was too tired to set up the SO2R box and filters. SO2R doesn't
really help me much in this contest anyhow since I'm pretty klutzy at it. As
usual I was multiplier poor. I worked my last mult, Rich, KL7RA,  with well
over an hour to go. Never found another one. Only ones heard and not worked
were VI and NS. Conditions were good in northern WI and activity seemed good.

Thanks for the contacts.

Jim
WI9WI