[3830] WAE SSB JG1VGX(@JG1ZUY) Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Sep 11 04:25:37 EDT 2012

                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: JG1VGX
Operator(s): JG1VGX
Station: JG1ZUY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Chiba

   80:    0           0
   40:   23          13
   20:   67          23
   15:  133          32
   10:    0           0
-------------------------
Total:  223   221    68  Total Score = 66,156

Condition-wise sunspot had peaked in AA Phone but still staying above 100 which
was good. Minor solar event that had occured a few days before the AA test
which affected the second day of it now seemed to have settled down well
enough, K index staying less than 2-3 at the outset.

So I expected a lot! Having set my goal to more than 500 total Qs, or even
1000Qs in mind, with low power.

But as it unfolded, the life was totally different.

Especially the Saturday was a joke. I ended up with only 86Qs for the first
day. Sunday was slightly better making 137Qs for the second day. Ten meters
didn't open from this latitude.

Several notes:
- SSB Low power in poor condition is real tough!
- All of the European beams were directed towards NA while it is open on any
bands. Slim chances for us east Asians with low power for getting an answer
even with S9 big guns.
- Had a little blast in local Sunday evening while running on 15m after being
spotted twice in succession. A brief but best fun moment in this contest.
- Europe is too far away for my 3.8MHz sloper. Nothing from EU but only UA9s
heard.

Still an enjoyable contest. Definitely one of my favorites. Thanks all for
QSOs, see you next year.

Domo Arigato,
73 rin JG1VGX