[3830] WAE SSB 3V8BB(KF5EYY) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Sep 11 14:57:54 EDT 2012

                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: 3V8BB
Operator(s): KF5EYY
Station: 3V8BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Tunis
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  164    60    31
   40:  508   512    44
   20:  978   770    45
   15:  669   653    39
   10:  294   215    27
-------------------------
Total: 2613  2210   478  Total Score = 2,304,438

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Weather in Tunisia started to be unstable with varying temperatures accross the
day hours and week days; suitable conditions to get a rheum!
I got as much medicines as I could trying to recover before the contest, but I
quickly forgot about malaise when pileups kicked off!

I tried to well manage between pileups and QTCs giving priority to QSOs at the
begining of the contest and to QTC at the end. I'm not sure I succeeded as I
ended up with over 400 un-sent QTCs! I struggled trying to find those who can
make me a faver and take them! :)

Popagation was good on Day 1, with a noisy 80m! Day 2 was the worst surprise
with a dead 10m and unusual low signals from Europe on the other bands! So, I
prefered to stop the contest at 17z and go home to get ready for a busy
Monday!

Congrats for V55V, EF8R (EA8CAC) and CR3L for the great job! Thanks for
everyone for making this contest a pleasant event!

73

Ash 3V8SS/KF5EYY
Op of 3V8BB
www.qsl.net/3v4-002