[3830] NA Sprint SSB NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 16 00:17:57 EDT 2012

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - September

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA

---------------------
Total:  75     Mults = 24  Total Score = 1,800

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Before the start I heard the Salmon Run and Route 66 stations,
and I worked a bunch during the Sprint - THANKS!

I snuck around in between the kilowatts hoping to be heard.
20m was good for one hour, then barely anything for the next hour.

Not even sunset yet, but I went to 40m hoping for a boost. Worked
the five local guys, the Salmon Run and Route 66. Then an hour of
nothing new. Really disappointing.

A hour after after sunset, and one-half hour to go, I went to 80m
and worked: the five local guys, the Salmon Run and Route 66.

I don't think I've ever had such a low score. Either participation
was poor, or propagation was poor. Thank you to the Salmon Run and
Route 66 stations!

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

20m: C-31XR at 71ft
40m: Force 12 Delta 240 at 78ft
80m: Delta Loop from 70 ft
Two Kenwood TS-590s turned down to 5 watts
Writelog and Microham keyer

QSO by hour and band:
           80M     40M     20M    Total   Cumm
0000Z    ---+-   ---+-     30       30     30
0100Z       -       -      13       13     43
0200Z       -      16       -       16     59
0300Z      11       5       -       16     75
Total:     11      21      43