[3830] SAC CW K8MFO SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 16 08:27:16 EDT 2012

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: K8MFO
Operator(s): K8MFO
Station: K8MFO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Ohio

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  408   127  Total Score = 78,486

Club: East Lansing DX Club

Comments:

SAC is always one of my favorites.  From 8 land you have to do this one for FUN,
as any number of East Coast stations can CLEAN YOUR CLOCK easily if they want,
every time.   I've met many of the OH and SM guys personally, and its always
fun to do the HEI and HEJ greetings with them.

Highlights were many, just working old friends.  Perhaps the most memorable was
my last QSO, with Market Reef DXpedition partner,  OH0RJ, also known as The
Market Reef Power Company.    Lars supplied us plenty of power in 1986 during
our OH0MD/OJ0 operation, and he does the same to this day.  This is the 54th
year that I've come out of the gate for this contest, and I'll be there again.

RIG   Elecraft K-3 with Ameritron AL82 amplifier.   Mosley PRO-67A at 125 feet,
 Mosley single element 40 at 117 feet, and 80 meter inverted L, somewhere in the
trees.   I can't see it, but it must be OK, as it works.

Thanks for all the fun.

73

Don K8MFO