[3830] Salmon Run W0BH SOMixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 16 23:35:46 EDT 2012

                    Washington State Salmon Run

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: SOMixed HP
QTH: KS

  160:
   80:   15      1
   40:   28      6
   20:   62    107
   15:   47     92
----------------------------
Total:  152    206      0  Mults = 38  Total Score = 33,984

Score includes 1000 Bonus points for W7DX on CW and SSB.

Hope I scored this correctly. Since the web site seemed locked in place and
wouldn't load the rules since last Friday, I'm just assuming the scoring hasn't
changed from last year. Scratch that .. the web site finally came up so I know
the scoring did change and I corrected mine appropriately.

Another fun Run!  I didn't intend to work this full time this year, but it's
just too much fun to work back into my home state. Getting closer to the Sweep
didn't hurt either. This year I missed Franklin county. I heard N7WA/m go
through early on when propagation was bad, and I could never hear the fixed
station on 40. If he ever went to 20 or 15, I missed him. There's always next
year!

The few mobiles that were out there were much appreciated :

18 N7WA - always the loudest after the band opened up, and easy to find
10 WW7D - all over the bands, but couldn't seem to find you consistently
05 KC7YE - nice to have met you in person last August!
02 K7ED and W7IU

The K7KFB/AD7BF expedition to Columbia and Garfield counties was fun to work as
well. I knew Eric/ad7bf from when I grew up in Seattle, and Lorna and I try to
stop by and see Eric and Lisa most summers. He told me about their expedition
this year, and we were able to work both ops a number of times. He already sent
me some pictures of the mountaintop COL location .. just a bit different scenery
than Kansas!

For me, conditions between WA and KS on Sunday were lots better than on
Saturday. I took time off on Saturday evening to work the North American
Sprint. Thanks to those of you who worked me again for Sprint credit, even
though it was a log dupe for you! I did hear people working WA on 10m on Sunday
afternoon, but I couldn't hear the WA side of things, so no 10m contacts. I
worked two fixed stations 6 times : N7PP and W7DX. Stations I worked 5 times
included K7INA, K7RL, K7TJ, K7UK, KB7N, W7GKF AND W7VXS. Thanks to you all, and
all the rest of the fixed stations for being out there and keeping things
interesting. I know I missed lots of you on 40m because of the Sprint. And
thanks to the WWDXC for sponsoring another excellent weekend!

I'll be mobile in the Texas QSO Party the last weekend in September. Hope to
put you all in the log!

73, Bob, w0bh