[3830] SAC CW OZ1AA(@OZ7YY) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Sep 18 11:35:27 EDT 2012

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: OZ1AA
Operator(s): OZ1AA
Station: OZ7YY

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OZ

Total: 1903   218  Total Score = 982,744

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

First of all thanks to Finn OZ7YY for letting me use his fine station. On
Tuesday morning I found myself on a surprise visit to Denmark (I'm spending
most of my time in VK these days). Nice timing, just in time for the SAC CW
contest.

The last time the OZ1AA call was on air was in the RDXC contest in 2007. It
felt great to be contesting on home soil again. Enjoyed every minute of the 24
hours.

I also liked the new National Team Contesting Trial. Interesting to follow many
of the big SOAB stations on cqcontest.ru. The big joy of watching my ranking
improve after a successful multiplier pass was matched by an equally
frustrating feeling when my ranking decreased as I couldn't get any run going
on Sunday morning. I like this interactive perspective of the game.

Would have been nice to pass the 1 million mark but it was not to be this time.
Still my best SAC score to date.

Thanks to all the non-scandinavians for turning on the radio and handing out
QSOs. We appreciate it up here!

SO1R setup:
TenTec Orion II + Henry 2K-4 @ 1000W
80: GP