[3830] TxQP N8XX Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 30 16:14:18 EDT 2012

                    Texas QSO Party

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MICHIGAN

  160:    0     0       0
   80:    0     0       0
   40:   15     0       0
   20:   44     0       0
   15:   15     0       0
   10:    0     0       0
    6:    0     0       0
    2:    0     0       0
  UHF:    0     0       0
----------------------------
Total:   70     0       0  Mults = 50  Total Score = 10,500

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Interesting QSO Party.  Not many different stations on CW, and I figured that
QRP on phone would not be very fruitful, so I plugged along.  Thanks to a few
mobiles who popped up every so often in a new county, and those who stayed at a
three or four county intersection for long enough for the pileups to recede so a
QRP station could be heard amongst the cacophony of QRO QRM!  50 different
counties.  Almost all that I heard!  Only a few couldn't hear my pipsquoke
signal!

I was about to quit, when I noticed I had 69 q's and 49 multipliers.  I snooped
around, heard W5FIT a bit weak, up and down with QSB on 20.  It took several
minutes to hit a "peak" in the QSB along with lack of other stations for him to
hear me!  A nice "round" figure of 70 Q's and 50 multipliers - hope only a few
NIL's!

Thanks to the organizers - it was fun.